It’s that time of year again, when the students of Saint Elizabeth Elementary School put down their books and put on their walking/running shoes in support of the educational programs here at the school. For those of you not familiar, RACE Day was initiated in 2005 as a way to fund the ongoing educational needs here at Saint Elizabeth.
On Wednesday, October 4, a group of over 200 students, teachers and parents will walk/run a one-mile course on the streets surrounding the school in a show of support for Catholic education. This year our goal is to raise $20,000 to continue to purchase Chromebooks for our 1:1 computer initiative.
Because of the support of family and friends like you, we have raised over $184,000 in the ten years the event has been held. This support has directly impacted all of the students here at the school. Past contributions have resulted in:
- Replacing the gym floor and bleachers, along with updating the locker rooms, affirming the school’s commitment to physical education and sports programs.
- Creation of the Science Lab, which ensures that students have access to hands-on learning experiences as part of their science curriculum.
- Remodeling and updating the Art Room and purchasing materials for the music program, again affirming the importance of fine arts here at Saint Elizabeth.
- Purchase of wireless access points, computers, printers, and other technology for the Computer Lab and individual classrooms to help the students with the fast-paced technology world in which they live.
- Security cameras both inside and outside of the school building.
Would you please consider sponsoring a student or making a donation of at least $10.00 for this important cause? With your support Saint Elizabeth Elementary School can continue to provide the educational opportunities for which Saint Elizabeth is noted. We hope you will consider being one of our sponsors and supporting our effort. Our goal this year is raise $20,000. Your donation would help us reach this goal.
To donate, you may send a check to Saint Elizabeth Elementary School, One Grove Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15236--please mark RACE Day on your envelope.
To donate online, go to our website, www.st-elizabeth.org, and click on the donate button at the top right of the homepage. Follow the directions; please note “RACE Day” in the box “What is this donation for?” You can use PayPal, a credit, or a debit card to donate online.
Thank you for your support.